Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bad Bad Blogger!

Apparently I am not cut out for the blogging world. It is a bit mystifying since I am a very routine orientated person. You'd think I'd fall into the world of blogging quickly and easily. But I don't, or I won't. I think secretly I am a bit wary of blogging.
Will I use it as a form of procrastination? I am right now.
Will it stifle or enhance my creativity? I don't know.
Will anyone read it, and if so, is that good or bad? I can't figure it out.
Right now it is 4:36 on a Saturday afternoon. It is June, but the Pacific NW is still gray and cold. I am wearing a cashmere sweater and am curled up on the couch, fighting the urge to get up and pour myself a glass of wine. It is, after all, almost 5 o'clock and it was a very very long week.
This morning I did all sorts of nice and luxurious things for myself; things I almost feel guilty about. First I went to an early morning yoga class, stretching and breathing to my heart's content. Then I went to the french bakery and drank one perfect cappucino, heaped with foam and dusted with sugar and cinnamon. Occasionally I'd dip the crust of my hazlenut cranberry roll into the foam and swirl it around a bit while I flipped through the pages of my library book. Then I had a massage -- a blessed, well deserved massage that left me invigorated and enthusiastic about life. And what better way to celebrate this new found verve than to go to the farmer's market. I bought pink peonies, cilantro, green onions, fava beans, and a large, large bunch of asparagus. All the bunches were beautiful and dainty and each cost $3.50. I paid and picked one and the guy manning the stand said, "Is that the one you want? It's so small." He reached for another, much larger bunch and handed it to me.
"But I'm a single girl," I said. How much asparagus can I really eat?"
He smiled. "If you live alone, no one is telling you what to eat. You can eat as much asparagus as you want. Only aspargus if you want."
"And then a chocolate bar?" I said.
"And then a chocolate bar!" He replied.
So be it.

No comments: